Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sweet-Tasting Epcot

Yesterday Chichi and I went to Epcot center.
We arrived at 9:30 a.m and went into Figment's Imagination ride,where Chichi had her first encounter with a Disney Character)


then spent the whole day cruising through the World Showcase. It's true what they say, you don't have to be a kid to enjoy Disney world, you just learn to enjoy it differently. We set it to ourselves to sample pastries and desserts from around the world.
In France, for example, we had a lemon tart.


Not only did it look amazing, it was made with real lemons and it was delicious!!!!

In Japan we had Kakigori, which is shaved ice with syrup (sort of like a piragua)and was perfect to cool off in the sun

yuuummmmmmmmmm!!! The flavors were Strawberry, Honeydew Melon and Tangerine.

In Norway we sampled some School Bread (sweet buns filled with vanilla custard-creme and glazed with shredded coconut on top.) This was really good, and I'd like to learn to make it!!!!


WE had Mexican food for lunch (nothing out of the ordinary) and in China I sampled some Ginger Ice Cream (an acquired taste for sure).

After all of this pigging out, looking at the stores and trying to hide from the rain, we were ready to go to the other part of the park (all the attractions I wanted were closed, but chichi went to Mars and rode a test car).
I found out I am absolutely TERRIFIED of roller coasters!!! It's almost absurd. I took some pictures while she got on those things...

a beautiful sunset


A rabbit was munching on grass nearby:





well, that's it for now... I'm off to Magic Kingdom!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck in ORLANDO !!!

    Great place - my last visit to Orlando was back in 1994, but I did my time there in 1976 at the Navy Recruit Training Center [I did watch the Bicentennial Fire Works at the Recruit Training Center in 1976]. The place was HOT HOT HOT.

    Already then, take care and have fine ORLANDO Day !!!

    v/r tlrb

    ReplyDelete